Another Sunday, another spoiled puppy, another muffin creation.
I go back to work on Monday after having ten days off for spring break - so Sunday was spent meal prepping and getting my mind ready for teaching and students.
After making my last batch of muffins, I found that they are the perfect mid-morning snack. I usually eat breakfast by 7am, so by 10:30am, my stomach is growing. With these muffins coming in at about 120 calories, they are just perfect to hold me over until lunch. They also have 4 grams of protein per muffin, which can be increased by using Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt.
They are low FODMAP, but if you select frozen mixed berries that contain blackberries, just beware. Blackberries in small amounts should be okay, but for those who are very sensitive, you may want to pick them out.
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour (or regular flour, if you prefer)
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ plain nonfat yogurt
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray muffin pam with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a second bowl, mix together the coconut oil, egg, vanilla, maple syrup yogurt, and milk
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until incorporated
- Fold the berries in to the batter gently
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and place muffins on a wire rack to cool