You already know it's grilling season in Ohio from my last post. I will be continuing the grilling recipes all summer long because grilling is so convenient and easy. Grilling seafood, including shrimp, is so simple because it cooks so quickly - hello 20 minute dinner!
A few things to remember when grilling seafood:
- Oil fish and shrimp with a neutral oil to keep it moist (I use olive oil in the recipe below)
- Fish cooks quickly, so remove it from the heat as soon as it's done as it will continue to cook once off the heat
- Jumbo shrimp are easier to handle and grill; this type of shrimp can also be butterflied and cooked on a grill pan
All seafood (as well as other proteins) is considered low FODMAP because proteins do not contain carbohydrates. Enjoy this protein over a bed of quinoa or rice that has been seasoned with lime juice & cilantro.
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 red pepper, cut into wedges
- 2 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Soak wooden kebab sticks in water so they don't burn on the grill.
- Mix together all of the spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Start each kebab with a lemon wedge, the thread the pepper, shrimp, and tomato alternating them until the kebab stick is full.
- Brush the kebabs lightly with oil. The sprinkle the spice mixture on them.
- Grill for 3-6 minutes on each side until shrimp are firm and pink.