My husband loves salty snacks. Give him pretzels, crackers, or tortilla chips and he is a happy man. I also recently discovered that he loves pretzels & mustard. Coincidentally enough, I love easy recipes, so I thought why not combine those things. This recipe requires only 3 ingredients, but it is probably something that you have never thought to combine.
When baking this recipe, place the chicken on a cooling rack. A chef at my previous job taught me this trick. Always bake protein on a cooling rack that has been placed on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Of course it makes for super easy clean up, but it also helps the air circulate under the protein so it doesn't get soggy. Thanks, Chef Jim!
- 6 chicken tenders
- 2 cups gluten free pretzels
- 1/4 cup mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Place the pretzels in a ziploc baggie. Crush the pretzels until they are a breadcrumb consistency. Set aside.
- Take the chicken tenders and dredge them in the mustard. Then coat each chicken tender in the pretzel breadcrumbs.
- Place them on a cooling rack that has been set on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crispy.