Eggs are such an easy and great protein option. Eggs are also pretty controversial, mostly due to their cholesterol content and their possible link to heart disease. Eggs are not only made up of cholesterol, people! They contain high-quality protein and many other essential nutrients.
Back in the 1970s, the American Heart Association made the guideline for all Americans to consumer <300mg of cholesterol per day. We know that 1 egg contains 213 mg of cholesterol. But, here's the thing - when this recommendation was made, it didn't take into account the saturated fat in our diet! Most high-cholesterol foods are also high in saturated fat, so we now know that it is likely the saturated fat in our diet affecting our blood choleseterol levels, not the cholesterol!
Eggs are like any other food - if we eat them in moderation, we should be just fine.
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 gluten free English muffins
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- Mix the eggs, celery, greek yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl
- Toast 2 gluten free english muffins
- Top the english muffins with the mixed greens and top the mixed greens with the egg salad
Make two servings.