Can you believe it is December?!
I know it's been a few weeks since I have posted and that's because life has been crazy! I feel like I have never been this busy in my whole life, but I am loving every second of it. I opened a private practice recently and it has kept me incredibly busy (head on over to the counseling services tab if you are interested!).
I created this chicken recipe a few weeks ago for my husbands weekly lunches. He absolutely loved it and said the flavor was spectacular. It packs really well, so you can easily make it on Sunday and have lunch ready to go for the entire week. I would imagine that it would also make a great dinner paired with a side salad.
This recipe does contain Fat Free Half & Half so if you are sensitive to lactose, be sure to pick up the lactose free brand.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat free half & half
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Brown rice, amount to your liking
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and then place them around the hot pan.
- Let the chicken cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and cook for another 7-9 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and place them to the side.
- Use the chicken broth to deglaze the pan and scrape the golden bits off the bottom of the pan. Allow chicken broth to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cream to the chicken broth. Add the chicken back into the pan, and cook for another 5 minutes per side.
- Enjoy the chicken over rice, top with remaining sauce, and garnish with parsley.