If you follow me on instagram, you will remember that I told you about a farmers market a few months ago. Remember, the one right down the road from me? Well, if you didn't see that photo, you can see it here. Anyway, I have still been visiting it on a weekly basis. They always have such great stuff and it's open 6 days a week so it is very convenient.
The other day I picked up spaghetti squash and broccoli. Both were grown right on the farm property and the owners use no pesticides! The broccoli is literally some of the best broccoli I've ever had. Really, I mean it. The spaghetti squash was the perfect size for just two people.
This lower calorie option is perfect for dinner on this cold, gloomy night!
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & peper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Microwave the spaghetti squash for 2-3 minutes or until soft enough for you to cut through.
- Once soft enough, cut the squash in half. Remove the seeds.
- Place the spaghetti squash , flesh side down, on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the olive oil until it shimmers.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes until it softens. Add Italian seasoning and cooked quinoa to the broccoli. Remove from heat.
- Fill the squash halves with the seasoned broccoli/quinoa mixture. Top the filled squash with parmesan cheese.
- Place the squash halves under the broiler for 5-10 minutes.